Friday, March 9, 2012

My Death :(



I was attending a banquet in Prague when I suddenly began feeling pain in my lower abdomen. Eleven days after that banquet, I passed away on October 24, 1601. I chose not to leave the banquet, even though I was in great pain, because I felt that it was rude to leave such an event. I urged Mr. Kepler to finish "Rudolphine Tables", my star catalogue, and to promote my planetary system rather than the Copernican System. My medical examiner determined my cause of death as a kidney stone complication, until that was disproved in 1901, when my body was exhumed. After doing numerous tests on my corpse, a theory of mercury poisoning was established as my cause of death. Doctors did not know if the mercury was from my metal nose, or if I was poisoned. The two main suspects in my poisoning were Johannes Kepler and my cousin, Erik Brahe. My body currently lies in a tomb, pictured above, in the Church of Our Lady in front of Týn, in Old Town Square near the Prague Astronomical Clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment